Friday, August 17, 2012

Velveeta Cheese Dip

Hello everyone! I wasn't feeling like doing a link up today so instead I decided to share a recipe tutorial with you all! This cheese dip is one my mom made for my sister and I for as long as we can remember! I recall sitting at the bar begging my mom to give us little blocks of cheese! I hope you love this as much as I do! It is a must have on "taco night" in my house!

Velveeta Cheese Dip! 


ingredients 


step 1 


step 2


step 3


step 4 (after round one of microwaving)


step 5 (after round two of microwaving)



step 6 (after round three of microwaving)


finished cheese dip! (after round four of microwaving)

Ingredients:
-block of Velveeta cheese 
-can of Rotel- original 
-bag of tortilla chips (we use scoops!)

Directions:
-cut block of cheese into cubes
-open can of Rotel and pour into microwave safe bowl filled with cheese
-stir cheese and Rotel together
-microwave on high for 2:50 minutes, remove and stir
-repeat process until cheese is totally melted and hot! *approx. four intervals!


Pre-pouring the cheese dip into the scoops is great for parties! No mess- grab n go!!



Enjoy!!!








6 comments:

  1. My favorite! This is how my mama has always made cheese dip for us and she adds a little bit of milk too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rotel is my new favorite ingredient.. I use it ALL the time! Have to try this one next :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making this! But in mine I also put Hormel chili & a block of cream cheese... Perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMM this looks delish! Love your blog, following you now!

    xoxo,

    Allie

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been making this dip for many years. It's the best. I have nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award. You can read about it at http://icreatepurtythangs.blogspot.com/2012/08/another-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. www.chicksandqueso.com if you want some cheese dip recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment with any type of feedback- I'd love to hear from you!