Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Southern Supper

Tonight I hosted a mini get together of the High Rock Supper Club at my house. My dad's best friend Tommy & his wife Heather (my god-parents) attended and my nanny Mallory (who comes every week night) brought her boy friend Brian. Tommy and Heather usually host the High Rock Supper Club (which consists of about 15 non-formal members) so they were grateful that I ordered to cook a good ole southern meal! Meatloaf is one of my favorite dishes that I cook, and it proved to be a crowd favorite. In case you are curious on how to make your own meatloaf like I do, you'll find the recipe below! Good luck!


I am updating this recipe by adding photos to go along with each step!! 







caution: photos show raw hamburger.
oh, & be prepared to get your hands messy!

Mamaw's Meatloaf




Ingredients:
1 lb of hamburger (deer hamburger) 
1 egg, beat
tomato paste
tomato sauce
3/4 sleeve of saltin crackers, crushed
tad of oatmeal
1onion (original calls for a whole onion, not a huge fan though so I use 1/2)
1 green bell pepper (original calls for a whole bell pepper, not a huge fan though so I left out)
1 cup oz of shredded cheddar cheese





Directions
preheat oven to 350 degrees
combine pound of thawed hamburger, cup of cheese, beat egg, chopped onion, and smashed crackers in a large bowl. then add about a cup of tomato sauce, whole little can of tomato paste, and a dash of oatmeal into the bowl. 



my dad bought an average size can of tomato sauce, versus the smaller ones that i get for this recipe. so i poured that^ much into a small container, then the rest(below) into the large bowl.

"tad" or oatmeal... no specific measurement.


mush mush mush!

form a cup with your hand, and go along the bottom of the pan, making sure no ingredients are left out of the mixture.




then put into greased pan, approx. 9x13. (i use Pam cooking spray) and form into a "loaf" with your hands.




bake for 45minutes at 350 degrees F.

remove form oven and squirt gracious ammount of ketchup across surface. 

place back in oven for 10-15 minutes. let cool atleast 10 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment with any type of feedback- I'd love to hear from you!