Thursday, October 4, 2012

Corkboard Makeover

My favorite things about DIY's are using the things you have to make something beautiful, which is exactly what I did with this cork-board. It had several spots where the cork had torn or completely came off the underlying structure. I had been curious to how I could re-purpose something to use for the same things. The floor in my office was filled with numerous print outs and business cards and I wanted a cute way to display them all in one place. 

Things you will need:
-lots and lots of thumbtacks *Mine were a pack of 300 from dollar store... 
-an old sheet
- hot glue
-cork board


How to make it...


Spread sheet across board and smooth out to fit the frame.


begin to place thumbtacks all along the perimeter of the cork-board


don't give up... you'll want too. just keep swimming...


once all thumbtacks are in place... flip over and use a combination of thumbtacks, scissors, and hot glue to secure the fabric to the back of board. I used a twin sheet and had tons of fabric to cut. Buying fabric to fit the board is also an option.


ORGANIZE YOURSELF!

I am very pleased with how this turned out. Now my OCDself can finally rest at ease.











4 comments:

  1. Hi! Sent off the icons you requested with a little apology note. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found your blog via Sippy Cups and Pearls and am now folliwng via email!!

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement Group blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute redo for the cork board! I'm actually in the midst of a corkboard project right now--I'm pretty excited that it'll be really cool when I finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! I could really use some organization and this seems to be the cure :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment with any type of feedback- I'd love to hear from you!