Monday, June 18, 2012

DIY: Button Bobby-Pins


Happy Monday!! Today's Refreshed = Reusable DIY is button bobby pins. I found my grandmother's can of old buttons, and I found buttons she had cut off blouses and sweaters that she was throwing away. I fell in love with this amazing pink colored button that looked like tiny rose buns! Lucky for me she had six!!! So I grabbed my pack of mini bobby pins, snatched up my hot glue gun, and got to craftin'!!!


I slid the button through the bobby pin, until I got to the u-shaped end, the held onto the button with a pair of tweezers. This caused the bobby pin to hang down vertically. So then I shot a dab of hot glue right in the hole of the button. Then sat the hot glue gun down, and lifted the bobby pin up where it was vertical, laid the pin down on a flat surface so it could dry.


There ya go, free & snazzy hair accessories! I adore these!!
Pictured in my friend "H"'s hair! Too cute♥

Here are a few other pins I made using the same technique:




Feel free to email me at the address located on the right-hand sidebar anytime with more detailed instructions on how I put together this DIY, or any others! Hope you enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. My mom did my hair for my graduation and it was a nightmare gluing fake flowers on the tip of the bobby pins. This is genius. I will be on the lookout for something fabulous to add to my bobby pins just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have saw that yard sales have lots of older sweaters! That might be a start! I'd love to see pictures if you do make your own. Best of luck to you :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment with any type of feedback- I'd love to hear from you!