Sunday, May 27, 2012

Child to Chic: Bathroom Makeover!

When we first moved into our house Labor Day weekend of 2004, I was seven. And obsessed with cats. Yes, cats. So what more could a seven year old cat lover want than a kitty cat boarder going around her bathroom?

But now as a teenager, nothing could be weirder than having cats starring at you from all angles in your bathroom...

Finally I realized it was time to update my bathroom to something more sophisticated. Grand Hotel Geranium Pink sounded like the right chose in my quest to have a mature bathroom atmosphere...
Dad purchased some Piranha Wallpaper & Paste Remover: Liquid Spray, then squirted it all over the cats, waited ten minutes, squirted again, waited ten minutes, squirted again & began to scrap. The boarder pealed away effortlessly. 

Curious about my paint? Well it's called sponge painting. Starting with a white base, my mom took a sponge, a sponge like you'd see in a fish tank, then got the paint used to paint my room and my sisters room, then sponge the bathroom walls using both the colors! I will miss the sponge paint... just not the cats!

Next comes the paint! 

Lovinggggg the color!
For those of y'all who don't know, this is Bayley! She has been my best friend since 4th grade! Bayley and I would do literally anything to help each other out so she jumped at the  offer to slave over paint rollers with me! 
YAY! Finally!!
I love decorating using things I've made!! 
*decorated the canvas on the wall by hand
**also fully decorated the vase!
Remember the shower curtain hangers I repainted?-Well that's them!

I am utterly thrilled with the outcome of this project! The color is perfect- it reminds me of the Victoria's Secret fitting rooms! So girly. I'll come in there now just to stare at the walls. 

*Sorry for the lateness of this post. I promised I'd have it up Sunday but I apologize for the time I am posting- very, very busy day! 

Hope you all had a blessed and fun Sunday!!








1 comment:

  1. Cats to Victorias’ Secret fitting room? That’s certainly a level up! I like how you initiated to conduct a bathroom makeover with your friend. This just proves that doing housework could be something fun! And I agree with your choice of sophisticated pink color. =)

    William Gulliver

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment with any type of feedback- I'd love to hear from you!