Friday, October 19, 2012

Dear Fall...


“But then fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day sometime after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed. It settles in the way an old friend will settle into your favorite chair and take out his pipe and light it and then fill the afternoon with stories of places he has been and things he has done since last he saw you.” 


Dear Fall, 
As leaves change colors and fall to the ground, they mimic my memories which were once vibrant and lively, but now ponderous.  Watching the leaves change colors and fall lifelessly to the Earth's floor is like watching your previous love of something wither away, then collect into a pile of "been there-done that's". But then, when Spring resurfaces, you pick up the pieces, and grow in a new way... excepting new challenges, new people, and new advice. Things change, like the colors of the leaves, reminding you to enjoy what you have while you have it, because you could wake up and find it gone.
Here's to being out with the old, and in with the new... ridding my life of dying passions and unworthy associates, so when Spring resurfaces, I have room to accept the new glorious creations God plants in my way. 

Happy Friday my loves.♥



1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would pop on by my blog and return the favor!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Have a lovely day,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment with any type of feedback- I'd love to hear from you!