Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Notes From Sunday

For the first time in awhile I took notes at church Sunday morning. I was inspired by the sermon which was pertaining to 1 Thessalonians 1:1-10. The guest preacher kept mentioning the term "loyalty".. ironic considering today I have a definition essay due, topic being Loyalty. Anyways, I snatched an envelope and pencil from my grandmother's purse, and began to take notes.... here's what I ended up with....

-You can't just put God on the side & get him when he's convenient  because he is Lord!
-Don't have God over one way then all your other "Gods" (meaning activities/ focuses) somewhere else... to be loyal to the Lord he needs to be the fundamental foundation of your world. You cannot call on him only when the going gets tough, because he might just "get going" and treat you as you did him
-Will anyone confuse your life with the life of Jesus? Be imitators of the Lord. 
-Check out the book, "The Almost Christian" (author unknown)

Were these notes not valid points? If you can't be loyal to your Lord, how must you expect yourself to be loyal to the things He created? (the world, community, human beings, etc.) In my eyes, you can't. Call on God when you need him, he is here to save you. But also remember to thank him daily for all the many blessings you have received. No one's life is perfect nowadays but it could be a whole lot worse...

 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. 
(Matthew 6:24) KJV




2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how to comment back to you on my blog, but thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reply button right underneath my comment :) But you're welcome girl, you earned it!

      Delete

Feel free to comment with any type of feedback- I'd love to hear from you!