Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

What is Memorial Day? Well for those of y'all who aren't sure of the exact purpose...
Memorial Day is a federal holiday observed annually in the United States on the last Monday of May. Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Formerly known as Decoration Day, it originated after the American Civil War to commemorate the fallen Union soldiers of the Civil War. By the 20th century Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans who have died in all wars. As a marker it typically marks the start of the summer vacation season, while Labor Day marks its end.


I salute all the selfless people who served in the United States Armed Forces, and anyone else who took part in fighting for/ protecting our country! Thank you for your kind acts to keep America free!!


Here are a few photos from my Memorial weekend...



Nothing beats the smell of meat on the grill, family laughing together, blue skies above High Rock Lake, and some good ole corn hole! And the weekend wouldn't be complete without a sunburn! Hooray for Rachel!



Monday May 28th - Thursday May31st MEAL PLAN!

For some un-thought-of reason, I felt the urge to share with all my readers this weeks meal plan. The Rachael Ray in me is poking through my laziness. I looked up several new recipes, so this week, my nanny "M" & and me will try first hand my new recipes!

Monday Night: Meatloaf with Baked Potatoes 
Tuesday Night: Cheesy Chicken Skillet + Rice/Green beans
Wednesday Night: Homemade Sloppy Joes with Corn on the cob
Thursday Night: Baby Back Ribs with Sweet Potato  Skewers 
Friday Night: Out to dinner with Dad's cash... sounds especially yummy ;)

Have a good week! If any of these recipes interest you, stop by that evening... I will post pictures + recipes to go along with each entree!  











No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment with any type of feedback- I'd love to hear from you!